1. How do the three versions of ScanScore differ?
The three versions of ScanScore are designed to handle different numbers of instruments.
Please be sure to choose the correct version to fit your needs.
ScanScore Melody can read one stave scores.
ScanScore Ensemble can scan up to four staves.
ScanScore Professional can handle up to unlimited staves.
The free trial version offers the full functionality of ScanScore, however, it cannot be used to export files to music notation software for further editing. To export files, ScanScore Melody, Ensemble or Professional is required.
2. Can I upgrade my ScanScore license if I need to scan more staves?
If you wish to upgrade from Melody to Ensemble or from Ensemble to Professional, you can do so on our website. If you wish to upgrade from Melody to Professional please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How long does my free trial last?
When you download the free trial, you can try out ScanScore and explore all its features. There is no time limitation but you won't be able to export your scanned scores as MusicXML file.
4. Can ScanScore be used to read all sheet music?
ScanScore can read all standard Western-style notation systems.
(Please note, it is not designed to handle more unusual pieces such as the Gregorian chant.)
5. Can I use ScanScore for editing scores?
To a degree, yes… but ScanScore does not have the same capabilities for serious editing as music notation software, such as MuseScore, Notion, Sibelius, Finale, Dorico and FORTE Notation.
ScanScore is designed to provide easy and accurate scanning of your physical sheet music so it can be digitized. Once your sheet music has been digitized with ScanScore, we recommend you use a quality scoring software such as those previously mentioned.
ScanScore does not offer the following features:
- Layout design
- Arrangement of parts
- Specific instrument playback
6. Where will I find my download link for ScanScore?
When you complete your checkout, we will send you an email. This email will provide you with your download link and all the information you need.
Attention: If you are paying with PayPal, please use the same email address to register for your ScanScore account as the one used for your PayPal account.
If you have any difficulties finding the email with your download link, please check your spam folder, and contact us at email@example.com if you still can’t find it.
7. When I try to use the ScanScore Capture app it asks me for a QR code. Where do I find my QR code?
We introduced the QR codes to prevent unauthorized users from using the software. You can find this code on your desktop version of ScanScore under “Options/Preferences”.
8. Any tips for getting the best scan using the ScanScore Capture app?
To get the best results when using the ScanScore software, it is important you have a clear scan image. Two tips for this:
- Ensure the sheet music is well-lit when the scan is taken.
- Take the scan evenly and at a parallel angle.
9. Can ScanScore import PDF files?
Yes, ScanScore can import PDF files as well as all other image formats – TIFF, JPG and PNG files.
10. I have Windows 7. Can I use ScanScore with this version?
Yes. ScanScore can be used with Windows 7, 8 and 10.
The older versions of Windows (7 and 8) do require a special installation program, which we will be happy to send you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Can I purchase a CD version of ScanScore?
No, we don’t produce a CD version of ScanScore. But we will be very happy to send you the download link again if you ever need it. No problem!
12. Where do I enter my discount voucher code?
To use a ScanScore discount voucher, first, add your chosen ScanScore product to your cart. Proceed to the checkout page where you will see a box that says ‘Apply Coupon’ – enter your discount code here.
13. What payment options do you offer?
You can pay using PayPal in our online ScanScore store. Alternatively, you can pay by credit card by emailing Lugert Verlag in our sales department: email@example.com
14. I’m having a problem using ScanScore, is there anyone to help me?
Absolutely! We have a dedicated customer support team made up of passionate musicology graduates just waiting to help you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.